Sat, Mar 18|
An Arts, Crafts, and Gardening workshop for the youth.
Time & Location
Mar 18, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Long Beach, 851 E Via Carmelitos, Long Beach, CA 90805, USA
About the event
Sowing Seeds is an Arts, Crafts, and Gradening workshop dedicated to the youth (ages 5-13). Our goal is to introduce the youth to new health habits that they'll be able to maintain as they grow into young adults. we'll also be breifly discussing how we are very much like the beautiful plants and flowers that we know and love. Just like we take care of them, we must also take caare of ourselves. One of the best ways to do that is to stay away from all things that are harmful to our bodies, including addictive substances.
We have an afternoon full of CREATIVITY planned.
To kick us off, the youth will be divided into age groups for the entirety of the workshop. Once every has there dedicated spot, we'll begin letting the creativty flow.
12:00 - 1:00pm : The Painting of the Pots.
We will provide all attendees with essential Art Supplies includes, Arcylic Paint, Paint brushes, Elmers glue, googley eyes, pipe cleaners, letters and more to decorate their personal Terracotta pot anyway they'd like. They will have full creative control over their project.
1:00pm - 1:30 : Lunch
Lunch will be provided to every attendee, free of charge. The babies gotta eat right?
Lunch Menu is TBD (Options are: Pizza or Chilli Cheese Dogs)
1:30pm - 2:30pm : The Sowing of the Seeds
At this time, all attendee will head back to their seats for a quick demonstration on how to repot and plant seeds. All gradening supplies will be provided, however feel free to bring your own. We will walk each attendee through how to successfully plant, water, and care for their new plant baby after the workshop is over.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
1) Early Arrival. Workshop will official begin at 12:00pm, However we encourage all attendees to join us at the Community Center by 11:40am to be split into their respective age groups.
2) This workshop is full of opportunities to get messy. We encourage all attendees to wear clothes that they don't mind getting dirty or runied. In wood of Ms. Frizzle, "Take Chances! Make Mistakes! GET MESSYYYY!"
3) This workshop has limited seating and is on a first come first serve basis. Please be sure to RSVP as soon as possible to reserve your spot.
4) We encourage all parents to join in on the fun and keep the learning and growing going on at home!
5) Open to ages 5-13. This workshop is not appropriate for children under the age of 5 years old. (sorry babies, we'll take care of you another time.)
For any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us via email (info@HausOfMeta.org) or social media (IG - @HausOfMeta) .
We hope to see you soon!
Registration includes guaranteed workshop attendance and Lunch.